Religious Education Program Contact Information
- Hits: 1350
St. Dennis Catholic Church
Religious Education Program
Director of Religious Education: Jennifer Hinton
Historic Church Tours
- Hits: 931
As part of the Diocese of Wilmington's 150th Anniversary celebration, the Old Bohemia Historical Society (OBHS) invites visitors to explore the first church in the diocese, St. Francis Xavier Shrine (Old Bohemia). The buildings will open the first Saturday of every month beginning April 7, 2018 through March 2, 2019 for the Diocesan Historic Churches Pilgrimage. Guided tours will be offered at 9 a.m., 9:30 a.m. and 10 a.m. The rectory museum and graveyard will be accessible for individual inspection and study. Light refreshments will be available for purchase. At 11 a.m., Mass will be celebrated in the historic church. A first-class relic of St. Francis Xavier will be displayed for veneration after most services.
Attached you will find more information.
St. Dennis Pastoral Council Report- June 13, 2019
- Hits: 1168
- Formation: St Dennis Constitution and Bylaws are completed and were ratified on 6/13/19.
- Parking Lot Repair: Multiple bids have been submitted for repair to asphalt on Religious Education Bldg parking lot. Fund Raising Continues!
- Stained Glass Windows:
Restoration is contracted to “Timeless Tiffany”. Awaiting the updated quote, after which St Dennis will be requesting sponsors.
- National Register of Historic Places: Pastoral Council has voted to submit St Dennis Church and Cemetery for listing in this preservation program. A Committee has been formed for research and implementation.
- Bull Roast Planning & Fundraising: New additions thus far include a “Corn Hole Tournament” and a “Bouncy House”! All are welcome at ongoing meetings. Come and share your ideas and talents.
- Parish Hall: A proposal has been accepted for cleaning and waxing floors in the Parish Hall.
- Parish Library: Located in the Parish Hall, the library is being cleaned, and re-organized for parishioners’ use.
- New Pastoral Council Members needed: We need you!! Consider joining to serve your Parish
Catholic Charities Donations Requested
- Hits: 955
Catholic Charities is a member of the National Diaper Bank Network, providing diapers to families in need. Currently, our Diaper Bank serves over 200 families! To help support our Diaper Bank, please make a donation of diapers, baby wipes, or other baby hygiene items. Donations can be brought to any Catholic Charities location. You will receive a tax receipt for your donation.
If you know someone in need, have them call the Diaper Bank at Bayard House, 302-654-1184, to learn how to participate in the program.
Serve the Lord with Gladness
- Hits: 3702
Altar Servers Needed
Lectors and Eucharistic Ministers Needed
Lectors are members of the parish who proclaim the Word in the first two scripture readings and the responsorial psalm. They also assist in creating a hospitable and prayerful environment by praying the Prayers of the Faithful.
A Eucharistic minister of Holy Communion assists in the distribution of Holy Communion at Mass. They may also take communion to the sick at home, in hospitals or nursing homes.