2020 Annual Catholic Appeal
All Pledges to be completed by January 30, 2021
Amount Target $25,000 Collected $ 16,095
Have questions, for information or to make a payment please contact:
Deborah Fols, Development Director Annual Catholic Appeal
Catholic Diocese of Wilmington
P.O. Box 25050 Wilmington, DE 19899-5050
Online Bill Pay – : If you utilize this electronic technique to pay bills, simply add the Annual Catholic Appeal as a recurring payee.
Payments should be mailed to:
Annual Catholic Appeal Catholic Diocese of Wilmington
P.O. Box 25050 Wilmington, DE 19899-5050
Thank you to those who donated and if you have not donated please consider to help us because if we
don't meet our target the money will have to come out of church account.
Bake Sale News
Greetings, Bakers!!!! Get that rolling pin and those baking pans out of mothballs!!! It's time for a St. Dennis Church Bake Sale
To comply with COVID safety guidelines, we will be taking orders for baked goods by December 6 for a December 13 pick-up.
We need to know your name, phone number, kind of baked good you will bake and price per order.
Orders are due by December 6 – you will then be called on Tues., Dec. 8 & told how many of your items have been ordered. You can bring
your baked goods to the church hall on Friday, Dec. 11 from 9:00am – 1:00pm or call Nancy or Lynne Ewing 410 648 5283 to make other drop-off arrangements.
St Dennis You Tube Channel
Saturday Masses should be posted by 9PM.
Join Fr. Jim for Mass, Live stream, Sundays at 8am. Mass can also be viewed at later times. Go to St. Polycarp website www.saintpolycarp.org and click on the picture of the altar.
Please be reminded as you prepare to attend Mass at St. Dennis:WASH YOUR HANDS. WATCH YOUR DISTANCE. WEAR A MASK/FACIAL COVERING.
We continue to use a phone reservation system for planned seating in our church for your safety. Phone the Office at (410) 648-5291 on Wednesdays 11am-1pm to reserve your Mass seat. Please arrive for Mass at least 10-15 minutes before the Mass time to allow the ushers to easily seat you without impacting the start of the Mass. Your seat may be given to another after the 5
minute mark before the Mass.
The church windows will continue to be opened to in- crease ventilation and decrease the possibility of viral spread. Please dress warmly as the weather is turning chilly. Our church's capacity of 50-60 people remains in spite of Gov Hogan's statement that churches could have 75% of fire code capacity. This is due to the mandated physical distancing of 6 ft that, in St Dennis Church, is difficult to provide with more persons.
When receiving Holy Communion, please come forward as the usher directs. Reception of Communion on your tongue is permitted but you must present yourself to the priest's line if you wish to do this. All communicants must remain masked up in coming to the priest or the Eucharistic minister. After
responding "Amen" to the minister's presentation of the consecrated host and while firmly holding the host, please step aside 6 ft, raise or lower your mask and place the Body of Christ into your mouth. Then re-apply your facial covering and return to your pew.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in observing these guidelines. May God bless you.
Fridge Facts for the Parish Faithful
Please save this for reference-maybe post on your Fridge.
- The Saturday 5pm Mass will be dropped after Labor Day Confessions will be moved to Sunday morning 7am-7:30am and the Mass in English will be at 8am
- Due to Covid-19 social distancing, our church capacity remains at 60 people including priest and lay
- It is advised that reservations to attend the Sunday Mass be made on the preceding Wednesday from 11am-1pm by calling the parish office at: 410-648-
- If coming to Mass at St. Dennis without a reservation, as a "walk up", you may be asked to wait to be seated until those with reservations are seated. It is possible that our church may be at capacity and you will be asked to consider the following options:
- You can attend the 11am Spanish Sunday Mass at Dennis.
- Or you may watch the Mass online at home, live- Streamed/recorded from St. Polycarp at 4pm on Saturdays @ saintpolycarop.org and accessed by clicking on the altar picture.
- Or you may choose to watch the 8am Sunday Mass online that is recorded at Dennis and will be uploaded by Sunday afternoon located @ www.stdennischurch.org
- Or view Bishop Malooly's 9:30am Sunday Mass either LIVE or recorded at wwYouTube.com/ Diocese of Wilmington.
- Or you may choose to watch a televised Sunday on TV on the EWTN Masses are 8am &12 noon on Sundays.
- Remember that your weekly offering is very important to keep the parish Please either mail in your offering or bring it to Mass and place it into the large Offering box in the church vestibule. Another convenient and safe method is by joining other parishioners on "Faith Direct".